"Excessive sitting is associated with 34 chronic diseases and conditions including obesity, diabetes, cancer, depression and back pain.” says Dr. James Levine of the Mayo Clinic.
5 Tips to Spend Less Time Sitting
1. Take the stairs instead of elevators, whenever you can. (No, we don't expect you to climb 101 floors in a skyscraper.)
2. Deliver messages in person. Walk to your co-worker’s desk.
3. Wear a hand-free headset set. Get a headset and stand up and talk.
4. Take frequent walking breaks. Rather than your daily dose of water cooler gossip, take a walking gossip break with co-workers.
5. Request a stand-up desk and other movement-oriented solutions.