1. Ask for salad dressing, butter, sour cream and sauces on the side, so you can control how much is added.
2. Avoid dishes that are prepared with cream or served with a cream sauce.
3. Select foods that have been steamed, broiled or baked, rather than fried or sautéed.
4. Restaurants are notorious for serving excessively large portions. Don’t hesitate to ask for a take-home container.
5. For dessert, choose fruit sorbet or pie (and leave the crust)
“Whether you need a complete diet overhaul or minor adjustments, you can positively affect your health with just a few simple changes to your diet and eating habits.” Pamela S. Hinton, Ph.D.